Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Here's What's On My Mind At 1:30 In The Morning

  • Sometimes I feel like I should blog more.  I want to.  But I don't seem to find the time.  Perhaps that's because my posts tend to be so long.  I need to find a happy medium between twitter and borderline-novella...
  • I am tremendously disappointed in the amount of my tax refund this year vs. last year.
  • Couple of questions regarding my current ministry projects:  Assimilation - Does anyone have a better term than assimilation?  It sounds too mechanical and seems to emphasize practicality over the real objective of spiritual transformation.  Also, any ideas from those more experienced?  Small groups - what model has worked best for you and why?
  • I really need to hit up some dieting and exercising.  I don't mind the dieting so much, but I despise intentional exercise.  I need to fool myself somehow.  Oh, and this Dr. Pepper and container of chocolate chip cookies isn't helping matters...
  • The Pittsburgh Steelers are headed to the Super Bowl!  Coach Tomlin is a class act and while I'm a fan of his quiet confidence, it was nice to see some real emotion shine through when he was holding the AFC trophy.  Looking forward to a great game.  Go Steelers!!!

1 comments:

Sherman Unkefer said...

Great post! You can try Adjustment or Adaptation rather than Assimilation. The simpler the better.

Post a Comment