Monday, June 14, 2010

Into the Ether

So here I am. Posting my first blog. Further assaulting the online community with my presence.

It's kind of strange to me if I'm being honest. Sure I'm on Facebook, but only my friends can see what I have to say there. And I hardly use Twitter for anything beyond the surface (one can only say so much in 140 characters, although I've been surprised). I put such a high value on my privacy, why on earth would I want to share my thoughts or details of my life with strangers? I'm glad you asked! Perhaps it's because I view this blog (at least here, at its inception) as more of a therapeutic outlet for myself rather than an instructive or entertaining stop for visitors. Not that you aren't welcome to join me in my journey or comment on my musings, but I suspect there may be more questions than answers found here.

If you know me, you know I can talk the ear off a dead man. I guess maybe I can get some of that out of my system here and make my conversations in person a little more "listener friendly." Probably not, but it's worth a shot. I have a lot to say. Some of it is useful, more of it not so much. At least here people have a choice to check out once I start rambling incoherently...

So buckle up. Enjoy the ride. And thanks for stopping by.

1 comments:

Mike Yusko said...

I'm leaving this here for posterity's sake. It is after all my first post. I now feel as if I do have something to offer the online community as opposed to the tone evident in this post. After my current series Equipped, I'm planning on steering this blog toward more original thought/personal reflection and less heavily researched writing. Don't get me wrong, I certainly place a HIGH value on intellectual pursuits, and I see a place for that in the online community. However, I feel that a contribution of more application-centered and thought-provoking posts will allow me to reach a higher number and wider variety of people. That is, after all, the point of a blog.

Post a Comment